Discover Northern BC’s vast wilderness, enchanting wildlife, and rural charm on this multi-day self-drive vacation. Travel up the coast of Vancouver Island, exploring seaside communities on the way to Port Hardy, where you’ll embark on a cruise through the famed Inside Passage to Prince Rupert.
Admire grizzly bears in the Khutzeymateen Valley or venture offshore and go whale-watching. Follow the mighty Skeena River to Smithers, and enjoy the majestic surroundings, like the spectacular Hudson Bay Mountain and Glacier.
Travel Advisory: Multiple advisories in effect. Check before you travel.View ×
- Cancellations and Revised Schedule - Coastal Celebration - Tsawwassen (Vancouver) - Swartz Bay (Victoria) - View details
- Sailing Cancellations/Revised Schedule - Tsawwassen (Vancouver) - Duke Point (Nanaimo) - Queen of Alberni Mechanical Issue - View details
- New website - Renew your online account - View details
- COVID-19 Update – Important information – Last updated October 6, 2020 - View details
+ RETURN FERRY
+ WILDLIFE TOUR
+ taxes and fees, per person based on double occupancy
- Five nights' hotel in four destinations
- Two sailings: One-way ferry between Metro Vancouver and Vancouver Island, and between Port Hardy and Prince Rupert for two adults and one vehicle
- Grizzly bear tour in Prince Rupert
(mid-May to late Jul)
- Whale-watching tour in Prince Rupert
(late Jul to late Sep)
- Free breakfast at select hotels
Map & itinerary
Metro Vancouver to Courtenay
Your BC road trip begins as you board the ferry to Vancouver Island via Nanaimo. Stop at the historic Coombs Old Country Market – famous for delicious donuts and goats that graze on the roof – before arriving in Courtenay for the night.
Lodging: Bayview Hotel
Courtenay to Port Hardy
On your way up the island to Port Hardy, discover the remote communities of Sayward, Telegraph Cove and Port McNeill.
Lodging: Pier Side Landing Hotel
Inside Passage sailing to Prince Rupert
Depart from Port Hardy on a 16-hour cruise up the famed Inside Passage. Relax as the ferry winds its way through some of the most rugged and beautiful scenery in the world.
Lodging: Prestige Hotel Prince Rupert
Prince Rupert to Smithers
Drive east along Highway 16, following the mighty Skeena River to the quaint town of Smithers. Enjoy your final night in Smithers at your own pace to take in the breathtaking surroundings.
Lodging: Sunshine Inn
Conclude your trip with a road trip through BC’s gorgeous interior to complete your journey home.
Travel in comfort on your sailing from Port Hardy to Prince Rupert. Take a nap, kick up your feet, or enjoy a delicious meal with one of the following onboard add-ons:
Inboard cabin From $90Outboard cabin From $110
Lounge seat From $40
Adult buffet breakfast From $21.79 Adult buffet dinner From $32.29
Make the journey your own
Quality. Value. Trusted.
Let us take the stress out of planning your next coastal BC getaway. Save when you bundle your ferry travel with hand-picked hotels and activities.