Travel Advisory: Multiple advisories in effect. Check before you travel.View ×
- Cancellations and Revised Schedule - Coastal Celebration - Tsawwassen (Vancouver) - Swartz Bay (Victoria) - View details
- Sailing Cancellations/Revised Schedule - Tsawwassen (Vancouver) - Duke Point (Nanaimo) - Queen of Alberni Mechanical Issue - View details
- New website - Renew your online account - View details
- COVID-19 Update – Important information – Last updated October 6, 2020 - View details
Why work here?
BC Ferries named one of BC's Top Employers
BC Ferries has been named one of BC’s Top Employers for a number of years. It’s an award that recognizes workplaces that offer forward-thinking programs for their employees. As a top employer in the province, BC Ferries has a progressive workplace, focusing on career opportunities across the organization and providing extensive training and development opportunities.
BC Ferries moves adventurers, commuters and cargo along the coast. From one of the southernmost points in Canada to our pristine northern coasts, the term “never the same day twice” describes what you can expect when you move more than 22 million passengers a year over 1.3 million nautical miles – the equivalent of sailing around the world 62 times.
Who we are
Our community-centric team of over 5,000 highly-skilled employees is energetic, friendly, customer-service focused and passionate about serving our coastal communities. Safety is top-of-mind, as is the sustainability of coastal BC.
We are Cooks, Captains, Customer Service professionals, and more. We live in cities of three million and on islands of 300, and take pride in connecting our customers to the places and people important in their lives.
Perks and privilegesTaking care of our employees is a top priority for us, and to do that, we offer benefits that help you stay healthy in all ways. Some of our great benefits include:
- Career progression and training and development opportunities
- Multiple locations and roles
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits package
- Public Service Pension Plan
- Vacation starting at a minimum 3 weeks
- Maternity leave employer top up
- Passes for ferry travel
- Amazing colleagues who share a common goal
- Discounts in our gift shops and with many businesses on Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland