Travel tips for cyclists
Check in with a ticket agent at the foot passenger entrance. You will then board the ferry via the vehicle deck, where you will be able to securely stow your gear during the sailing. If your departure terminal does not have a ticket agent or foot passenger entrance, board the ferry at the direction of the crew. There is no fee for your bicycle.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Pay standard foot passenger fare.
- Check in through the vehicle ticket booth or foot passenger ticket booth as directed at the terminal.
- Follow designated bike routes to the waiting area, or as directed by the crew.
- Priority boarding – bikes load prior to vehicles, late arrivals will remain at the back of the deck.
- Be sure to walk your bike on the ramp to board the vessel.
- Limited bike racks are available at the terminal and on board vessels.
- Bikes are to remain on the main car deck at all times.
- Take all personal belongings with you.
- Bikes at the front of the vessel disembark prior to traffic, if you are late you will disembark last.
- Do not disembark without your bike – this causes a person overboard response.
Follow these rules of the road
Stay safe by following these rules:
- Get acquainted with traffic laws; cyclists must follow the same rules as motorists.
- Ride single-file in the direction of traffic.
- Remain alert, keep your head up and look around; watch for opening car doors and other hazards.
- Use hand signals when turning and use extra care at intersections.
- Never hitch onto cars.
- Before entering traffic, stop and look left, right, left again and over your shoulder.