Transport Canada enclosed vehicle deck safety regulation
Starting on September 30th, 2020, passengers on enclosed lower vehicle decks will be required to leave their vehicles during the sailing.
Learn more about the reinstatement of the Transport Canada regulation
Important: The height, length and weight of your vehicle determines the vehicle deck on which you will be placed.
Booking aheadIf you are travelling on a bookable route, we strongly recommend that you book ahead if you plan to travel during popular sailing times, including:
- Holiday weekends
- Thursday and Friday afternoons and evenings
- Sunday afternoons
If you have booked online in advance, you need your booking reference number, or the phone number associated with your booking, to check in at the ticket booth.
Check-in timesCheck-in times and ticket sales cut-off times vary by terminal.
Find and review the check-in and cut-off times at your departure terminal.
If you have a reservation:
- Ensure that you arrive in time to redeem your reservation. Review terminal (and vehicle) specific check-in times at your departure terminal (click here to find your terminal).
- If you miss the terminal check in time for your sailing you will forfeit your reservation and be placed on the next available sailing based on your order of arrival at the terminal
If you do not have a reservation:
- To make your preferred sailing without a reservation, review terminal specific ticket sales cut-off times at your departure terminal (click here to find your terminal)
- If you are in a lane queuing for the ticket booth, but have not actually purchased a ticket from a ticket agent before the ticket sales cut-off time, you will be placed on the next available sailing based on your order of arrival at the terminal