COVID-19 impactsIn order for BC Ferries to comply with temporary emergency measures and orders issued by the Province and Transport Canada, the use of Assured Loading Cards may be denied at the terminal in order to ensure essential travellers are accommodated. This temporary measure will be in place while the Provincial Ministerial Order to support essential travellers is in effect. To avoid sailing delays, at this time, if you are an essential worker or resident, we recommend booking in advance instead of using your Assured Loading Card. This will help avoid lengthy waits.
Travel Advisory: Multiple advisories in effect. Check before you travel.View ×
- Cancelled Sailings - Skeena Queen - Mechanical Difficulties - Victoria (Swartz Bay) - Salt Spring Island (Fulford Harbour) - View details
- Cancellations and Revised Schedule - Coastal Celebration - Tsawwassen (Vancouver) - Swartz Bay (Victoria) - View details
- Sailing Cancellations/Revised Schedule - Tsawwassen (Vancouver) - Duke Point (Nanaimo) - Queen of Alberni Mechanical Issue - View details
- New website - Renew your online account - View details
- COVID-19 Update – Important information – Last updated October 6, 2020 - View details
Assured Loading CardSign in | Register
Enjoy priority boarding on the following three routes between Metro Vancouver and Vancouver Island with a BC Ferries Assured Loading Card.
- Vancouver (Tsawwassen) – Victoria (Swartz Bay)
- Vancouver (Tsawwassen) – Nanaimo (Duke Point)
- Vancouver (Horseshoe Bay) – Nanaimo (Departure Bay)
- Guaranteed travel* when you arrive at the ticket booth at least 20 minutes before the scheduled sailing
- Travel when you need to without a reservation
- Use any ticket booth
- Access travel history for the federal transit pass credit (if you qualify
- Never run out of funds with Auto Purchase
*Guaranteed travel with an Assured Loading card is limited to standard vehicle types - up to 7 ft. (2.13 m) high and 20 ft. (6.10 m) long.
How to get and use your Assured Loading Card
Pick up your card:
- At any BC Ferries ticket booth
- At any major BC Ferries terminal
- By calling 1-888-BC FERRY (1-888-223-3779) – we will mail your card to you
Once you have your card, register and load it with Assured Loading Tickets (ALTs) in groups of 10 to start using it to pay for travel.
- Load ALTs to your card in groups of 10 for $1,550* per group
- One Assured Loading Ticket pays for 1 driver plus 1 standard vehicle - up to 7 ft. (2.13 m) high and 20 ft. (6.10 m) long
- Present your loaded card to the ticket agent at least 20 minutes before your scheduled departure to ensure guaranteed travel
- Assured Loading Tickets expire two years from date of purchase
- Expired ALTs will not be refunded
- ALT travel is exempt from any regular discounts such as senior, student or disability fares
- Download and view full terms and conditions (below)
Once your ALTs expire, you will have an additional six months to purchase a new set using the remaining balance on the card. After this time, any remaining expired value will be removed from your card.
You can easily keep track of your ALTs online. Sign in.
- For example, you could set up your account to Auto Load 10 more ALTs whenever you get down to your last two tickets.
Sign in to your Assured Loading Card account to set up Auto Load.
- By phone at 1-888-BC FERRY (1-888-223-3779)
- In-person at any major BC Ferries terminal administration office (we will ask for valid photo ID)
If you have any questions, call us at 1-888-BC FERRY (1-888-223-3779).
Save on select routes with a BC Ferries Experience™ Card, and share the balance with your friends and family.
Get 30 day payment terms and more with a Commercial Travel Card.
The gift of travel
BC Ferries gift certificates can be used for ferry travel, food, and onboard shopping.