- Passengers are required to wear masks at all times at terminals and on board ferries.
- Be prepared to answer Transport Canada COVID-19 screening questions.
- Booking in advance is strongly recommended to guarantee the sailing of your choice.
- Enhanced safety and cleaning measures are in place to keep customers and crew safe.
- Passengers in vehicles on enclosed lower vehicle decks must leave their vehicles during the sailing to comply with Transport Canada’s safety regulation. View details.
Travel Advisory: Multiple advisories in effect. Check before you travel.View ×
- Revised Schedule - Northern Expedition - Port Hardy (Bear Cove) - Bella Bella (McLoughlin Bay) - Prince Rupert - Haida Gwaii (Skidegate) - View details
- Sailing Cancellation - Queen of Alberni - Vancouver (Tsawwassen) - Nanaimo (Duke Point) - Victoria (Swartz Bay) - View details
- New website - Renew your online account - View details
- COVID-19 Update – Important information – Last updated October 6, 2020 - View details
Book commercial travel onlineThe following commercial vehicle types can be booked online:
- Registered 5,500 kg/GVW
- Semi A/B train
- Most vehicles up to 9 feet wide
Not all commercial vehicles can be booked onlineIf you are hauling an oversize load, require facilities for refrigerated vehicles or other special arrangements, call to book at 1-888-BC FERRY (1-888-223-3779).
An oversize load is defined as having an:
- Overall width greater than 9 feet (2.74m)*
- Overall length greater than 99 feet (30.18m)
To avoid possible delays, it is strongly recommended that you contact us prior to arranging vehicle permits or arriving at the terminal.
*If your vehicle width is greater than 13 feet (3.96m), we may not be able to accommodate you.
Drop trailer serviceDrop off your commercial trailer at select terminals and then our staff will transport it to its destination terminal.
This service is available on the following routes:
- Vancouver (Tsawwassen) – Victoria (Swartz Bay)
- Vancouver (Tsawwassen) – Nanaimo (Duke Point)
- Port Hardy (Bear Cove) – Prince Rupert
- Prince Rupert – Graham Island (Skidegate)
- Port Hardy (Bear Cove) – Central Coast: Bella Bella (McLoughlin Bay), Bella Coola, Ocean Falls, Shearwater
Request more information about drop trailer services.
Terminal weight and ramp load limits
Note the maximum weight limits at the following terminals:
Vancouver (Horseshoe Bay)
Berths 1, 2 and 3: 63, 500 kg
Berth 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5: 63,500 kg
Victoria (Swartz Bay)
Berths 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5: 63,500 kg
Nanaimo (Duke Point)
Berth 1: 63, 500 kg
Nanaimo (Departure Bay)
Berths 1, 2 and 3: 63,500 kg
Sunshine Coast (Langdale)
Berths 1 and 2: 63,500 kg
- Salt Spring Island (Vesuvius Bay)
- Thetis Island (Preedy Harbour)
- Penelakut Island (Telegraph Harbour)
- Galiano Island (Sturdies Bay)
- The driver of the vehicle will be required to provide proof of vehicle weight through a current weigh bill or an Overweight Vehicle Passage Approval Form issued by BC Ferries, prior to being authorized to travel.
- Vehicles exceeding 39,500kg will not be permitted to travel at these terminals.
Additional travel information
See what goods are classified as dangerous, and learn how to declare them before you travel.
Find out everything you need to know about travelling with livestock on BC Ferries.
Get 30 day payment terms and more with a Commercial Travel Card.