Travel up the coast of Vancouver Island to Port Hardy and embark on an unforgettable ferry ride. Sail past some of the most stunning landscapes in the world into the heart of the Great Bear Rainforest. Watch grizzly bears in the wild, search for the rare Kermode bear, or enjoy a guided river wildlife tour.
Take an eight-hour scenic drive to the remote city of Williams Lake and end your trip with a stop in the vibrant resort town of Whistler before returning to Vancouver.
Travel advisory: Multiple advisories in effect. Check before you travel.View ×
- Adverse Weather Warning - High Winds - May 18, 2022 - View details
- Busy Long Weekend Expected - May 18 - 23, 2022 - View details
- All Routes Status - View details
- Alternate Service - Northern Sea Wolf Refit - April 4 - May 18, 2022 - View details
- Service Adjustments - Horseshoe Bay - Departure Bay, Horseshoe Bay - Langdale & Earls Cove to Saltery Bay - January 28 - September 5, 2022 - View details
- Parkade Closure - Horseshoe Bay Terminal - View details
+ RETURN FERRY
+ WILDLIFE TOUR
+ taxes and fees, per person based on double occupancy
- Six nights' hotel in five destinations
- Two sailings for two adults and one vehicle: one-way from Metro Vancouver to Vancouver Island, and one-way from Port Hardy to Bella Coola
- Ferry reservations
- River wildlife tour in Bella Coola
(Jun 1 - Aug 14)
- Grizzly bear tour in Bella Coola
(Aug 15 – Oct 15)
- Free breakfast at select hotels
Metro Vancouver to Courtenay
Start your trip with a scenic sailing from Metro Vancouver to Nanaimo, and then drive up the coast of Vancouver Island towards Courtenay. Stop off on the way to see goats on the roof at Coombs Old Country Market.
Lodging: Bayview Hotel
Courtenay to Port Hardy
Start your day with a tasty breakfast in one of the eclectic cafes in Courtenay. Fill up your growler at a local brewery before heading out of town and driving up to Port Hardy. Stop at local fishing towns like Sayward or Telegraph Cove on the way for a chance to see orcas swimming nearby.
Lodging: Kwa'lilas Hotel
Set out on a wilderness adventure. Depending on the season, join a thrilling river wildlife tour (Jun 1 - Aug 14) accompanied by a biologist and river guide, or a grizzly bear tour (Aug 15 - Oct 15) to observe these majestic animals in their natural habitat.
Lodging: Your choice between:Bella Coola Valley Inn
Bella Coola Eagle Lodge
Bella Coola Grizzly
Bella Coola to Williams Lake
Journey along Highway 20 to Williams Lake. Discover the city’s rural charm, and learn about its ranching culture and gold rush history.
Lodging: Coast Fraser Inn
Williams Lake to Whistler
Drive past sweeping vistas and through rugged wilderness on your way to the resort community of Whistler, where you can enjoy outdoor adventure and superb restaurants.
Lodging: Delta Whistler Village Suites
Whistler to Metro Vancouver
Finish your trip stopping at viewpoints on the Sea to Sky Highway, voted one of the best drives in North America, as you drive home to Metro Vancouver.
Make the journey your own
Quality. Value. Trusted.
Let us take the stress out of planning your next coastal BC getaway. Save when you bundle your ferry travel with hand-picked hotels and activities.