Quality. Value. Trusted.
Let us take the stress out of planning your next coastal BC getaway. Save when you bundle your ferry travel with hand-picked hotels and activities.
Travel advisory: Multiple advisories in effect. Check before you travel.View ×
Explore Tofino and the majestic beauty of Clayoquot Sound on the west coast of Vancouver Island. The village of Tofino has a laid-back surfers vibe, with a wide selection of restaurants and lots of wildlife watching and storm watching opportunities. The surrounding area is made up of lush, old-growth forests and expansive white sandy beaches. This incredible area is the perfect starting point for exhilarating activities, like coldwater surf lessons or kayaking, or relaxing getaways.
Top things to do
Remote Passages Tours - Whale Watching Plus Covered Vessel
Embark on an iconic West Coast excursion to watch a variety of whales in their natural habitat, all from the comfort of a heated and covered vessel. Over the course of the two and a half hour tour, see these magnificent animals hunt, feed and breach in the water, and hear stories about the rich history of the area from knowledgeable marine guides.
- Lookout for wildlife such as gray whales, orcas, humpback whales, and minke whales feeding, hunting or breaching.
- Journey comfortably through the calm and pristine waters of the Clayoquot Sound with an experienced tour guide.
- Learn about BC's rich marine and wildlife, and the fascinating history of the rainforests and marine ecosystems.
- In addition to whale sighting, spot other marine wildlife including sea otters, sea lions, porpoises, and nesting seabirds.
Remote Passages Tours - Whale Watching Plus Covered Vessel Tour is available between mid-March and October. Daily tour times confirmed at time of booking.
Remote Passages Tours - Sea Kayaking Clayoquot Explorer
Embark on a breathtaking six and a half hour paddling adventure through harbour islets around Tofino and Meares Island. Enjoy some of BC`s most spectacular views of nearby rainforests, beaches, tidal flats and local marine and wildlife, while learning about the natural and cultural history of Clayoquot Sound.
- Learn all the ins and outs about kayaking as your expert guide prepares you for an epic paddling adventure.
- Kayak through the Clayoquot Sound and keep an eye out for eagles, migratory birds, river otters, porpoises and sea lions.
- Explore an ancient rainforest along the famous Big Tree Trail, and learn about the rainforest ecology from your knowledgeable guide.
Remote Passages Tours - Sea Kayaking is available between April and mid-October. Daily tour times confirmed at time of booking.
Quality. Value. Trusted.