Travel advisory: Multiple advisories in effect. Check before you travel.View ×
- Busy Long Weekend Expected - May 18 - 23, 2022 - View details
- All Routes Status - View details
- Alternate Service - Northern Sea Wolf Refit - April 4 - May 18, 2022 - View details
- Service Adjustments - Horseshoe Bay - Departure Bay, Horseshoe Bay - Langdale & Earls Cove to Saltery Bay - January 28 - September 5, 2022 - View details
Reservations are strongly recommended for this route.
Prince Rupert terminal is located on Kaien Island on the northwest coast of BC. The terminal is at the west end of Highway 16, and is a 10 minute drive south of the city of Prince Rupert. Sailings departing from Prince Rupert provide service to Port Hardy and Skidegate (Haida Gwaii) with a connector service to Klemtu, Bella Bella, Shearwater, Ocean Falls and Bella Coola.
With a reservation – Arrive at the terminal 90 to 120 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Your booking will not be honoured and travel will be based on your order of arrival at the terminal if you arrive before booking check-in has opened, or after booking check-in has closed.
- Booking check-in opens 120 minutes prior to the scheduled departure for foot passengers and vehicles.*
- Booking check-in closes 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure for foot passengers and vehicles.*
Without a reservation – Travel is based on your order of arrival at the terminal.
- Ticket sales and check-in close 20 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing departure for foot passengers and vehicles.*
*Hostled vehicles – Reservation check-in and ticket sales for hostled vehicles close 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
Limited parking available.
Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Debit
From October through May, you may park your vehicle at the terminal if you’re travelling as a foot passenger:
- $8 per day
- $50 per week
- $150 per month
- $22 for overnight RV parking prior to sailing day, mid-May through September. Arrive before midnight.