Travel advisory: Multiple advisories in effect. Check before you travel.View ×
- Return to Service - Northern Expedition – Northern Adventure - Port Hardy – Bella Bella – Klemtu - Prince Rupert - Skidegate - View details
- Long Weekend Travel July 30 - August 2 - View details
- Safe travel this summer - Last updated July 30, 2021 - View details
- Revised Schedule – Northern Adventure – Northern Sea Wolf – Port Hardy – Prince Rupert – Central Coast – Haida Gwaii - View details
Reservations are strongly recommended for this route.
Prince Rupert terminal is located on Kaien Island on the northwest coast of BC. The terminal is at the west end of Highway 16, and is a 10 minute drive south of the city of Prince Rupert. Sailings departing from Prince Rupert provide service to Port Hardy and Skidegate (Haida Gwaii) with a connector service to Klemtu, Bella Bella, Shearwater, Ocean Falls and Bella Coola.
With a reservation – Arrive at the terminal 90 to 120 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Your booking will not be honoured and travel will be based on your order of arrival at the terminal if you arrive before booking check-in has opened, or after booking check-in has closed.
- Booking check-in opens 120 minutes prior to the scheduled departure for foot passengers and vehicles*
- Booking check-in closes 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure for foot passengers and vehicles*
Without a reservation – Travel is based on your order of arrival at the terminal.
- Ticket sales and check-in close 20 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing departure for foot passengers and vehicles*
*Hostled vehicles – Reservation check-in and ticket sales for hostled vehicles close 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
Limited parking available.
Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Debit
From October through May, you may park your vehicle at the terminal if you’re travelling as a foot passenger:
- $8 per day
- $50 per week
- $150 per month
- $22 for overnight RV parking prior to sailing day, mid-May through September. Arrive before midnight.