Travel advisory: Multiple advisories in effect. Check before you travel.View ×
- Website outage - Tuesday June 6th at 10 pm - View details
- All Routes Status - View details
Nanaimo (Nanaimo Harbour)
Nanaimo Harbour terminal is located in downtown Nanaimo on the east coast of Vancouver Island. Sailings departing from Nanaimo Harbour terminal provide service to Gabriola Island.
Boarding is based on order of arrival at the terminal. Check-in and ticket sales close three minutes prior to the scheduled sailing for foot passengers and vehicles.
Nanaimo Harbour Tidal Restrictions
The following tidal restrictions are in effect to prevent vehicles from scraping or getting caught on the loading ramps.
Avoid travel on sailings where the tide* is below 1.5m (5ft) or above 3.7m (12ft)
- RVs- significant overhang or low hitches
- Receiver Mount Bicycle Racks
- Low/Long Utility Trailers
- Low/Long Horse Trailers
- Large Under Mount Hitches
Long loads: avoid travel on sailings where the tide* is below 1.5 m (5ft) or above 3.7 m (12ft)
Low-bed or low-overhang: avoid travel on sailings if the tide* is below 2.1 m (7ft) or above 3.4 m (11ft)
*For tide information see: https://www.waterlevels.gc.ca/en/stations/7917
160 Front Street,
Nanaimo, V9S 5R1
- Accessible washroom
- Wheelchairs available for boarding
- Boarding assistance available
If you lost an item while travelling with us, call:
- 1-888 BC FERRY (1-888-223-3779)
Limited pay parking nearby.