Travel advisory: Multiple advisories in effect. Check before you travel.View ×
- Busy Long Weekend Expected - May 18 - 23, 2022 - View details
- All Routes Status - View details
- Alternate Service - Northern Sea Wolf Refit - April 4 - May 18, 2022 - View details
- Service Adjustments - Horseshoe Bay - Departure Bay, Horseshoe Bay - Langdale & Earls Cove to Saltery Bay - January 28 - September 5, 2022 - View details
- Parkade Closure - Horseshoe Bay Terminal - View details
Hornby Island (Shingle Spit)
Shingle Spit terminal is located on the west side of Hornby Island. Sailings departing from Shingle Spit provide service to Denman Island East (Gravelly Bay).
Boarding is based on order of arrival at the terminal. Check-in closes three minutes prior to the scheduled sailing for foot passengers and vehicles.
Hornby Island customers will have the opportunity to receive select Priority Loading to board the Baynes Sound Connector when connecting on Denman Island. The first 15 vehicles to arrive at Hornby Island (Shingle Spit) for the 7:30 am sailing to Denman Island East (Gravelly Bay) will receive a priority loading pass for the 8:00 am sailing departing Denman Island West terminal, Monday to Friday on the Baynes Sound Connector.
During peak travel times on this route, scheduled sailing times will change if we switch to shuttle sailing mode. Learn more about shuttle sailings.