June 1, 2020
Departure Bay – Horseshoe Bay route resumes reduced service June 3
Make a booking or travel alternate route to avoid long waits
VICTORIA – BC Ferries is reminding customers that the Nanaimo (Departure Bay) – Vancouver (Horseshoe Bay) route resumes reduced service Wednesday, June 3. To avoid long waits between sailings, customers are strongly advised to book in advance or travel on an alternate route such as Vancouver (Tsawwassen) – Nanaimo (Duke Point) or Vancouver (Tsawwassen) – Victoria (Swartz Bay), as capacity on this route has been reduced.
As of June 3, the daily schedule on the Departure Bay – Horseshoe Bay route will be:
- From Horseshoe Bay: 8:30 am, 12:30 pm, 2:50 pm, 6:50 pm
- From Departure Bay: 10:30 am, 12:50 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:50 pm
BC Ferries strongly recommends customers intending to travel on that route consider the following:
- Make an advanced booking to guarantee your travel.
- Arrive at the terminal at least an hour before your sailing. Check-in processing is currently longer due to the need to screen customers prior to travel.
- Foot passengers should arrive well in advance because passenger capacity is limited.
- Travel on an alternative route if possible, such as the Tsawwassen – Duke Point or Tsawwassen – Swartz Bay routes.
- Check Current Conditions on bcferries.com or follow @BCFerries on Twitter for the most up-to-date service information.
As this situation is evolving, BC Ferries encourages customers to monitor the website for any additional changes to service. For full details on service changes and the measures BC Ferries is taking in response to COVID-19, visit bcferries.com.
BC Ferries, Media Relations
Victoria: (250) 978-1267
Victoria: (250) 386-3431
Toll-free: 1-888-BCFERRY (1-888-223-3779)
British Columbia Ferry Services Inc., 500-1321 Blanshard Street, Victoria, BC V8W 0B7
Note to newsrooms: For urgent media inquiries off-hours, call our emergency pager at (250) 516-7211.