Victoria (Swartz Bay)
Swartz Bay terminal is located at the end of Highway 17, to the north of Victoria on Vancouver Island. Sailings departing from Swartz Bay provide service to Tsawwassen (Vancouver), Fulford Harbour (Salt Spring Island) and the Southern Gulf Islands. Visit Lands End Café for a range of food and beverage options.
For travel to Vancouver (Tsawwassen) with a reservation – Arrive at the terminal 30 to 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Your booking will not be honoured and travel will be based on your order of arrival at the terminal if you arrive before booking check-in has opened, or after booking check-in has closed.
- Booking check-in for foot passenger groups and vehicles opens 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
- Booking check-in for foot passenger groups and vehicles closes 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
For travel without a reservation or on a non-bookable route – Travel is based on your order of arrival at the terminal.
- Ticket sales and check-in for foot passengers close 10 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing departure
- Ticket sales and check-in for vehicles close 5 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing departure
Assured Loading – If you have an Assured Loading Card and plan to use it, arrive at the terminal 20 to 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure and provide your card to the ticket agent.
Saturna Island travel: Arrive at the terminal 15 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time to receive priority boarding. Sailings offering priority boarding:
- Peak Season sailings at 3:20 pm Monday – Wednesday, and 3:30 pm Thursday and Friday
- Shoulder and Off Peak Season sailings at 3:10 pm Monday – Friday
Travellers are offered priority due to the length of time between sailings to Saturna Island.
- Accessible washroom
- Wheelchairs available for boarding
- Boarding assistance available
- Wheelchair access to ferry
- Accessible parking
Children's play area
Parking at Swartz Bay terminal is independently operated and managed by Robbins Parking.
Capacity: 716 spaces
Short term: 172
Long term: 544
Payment options: HONK App (licence plate number required), Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
Short term – display your ticket on your dash. Meters required exact change or credit card payment.
- $1 for 30 minutes, max 2 hours
- $18 per day, ending at midnight
- Multiple day parking allowed
Long term – stall number required to purchase parking. Take your ticket with you.
- $6.25 for 6 hours
- $12.50 for 24 hours
- $6.25 for each additional 12 hour period after the first 24 hours.
- Onsite parking meters
- If paying by credit card, enter your mobile phone number to receive a text notifying you that your parking is about to expire. You can then follow the text instructions to extend your parking up to 24 hours.
- Cash acceptance
- Meters accept coins only—no change given.
- One meter accepts bills/coins and provides change (yellow colour meter) located in long term lot. For long term parking only.
Peninsula Towing: 250-655-6911