Travel advisory: Multiple advisories in effect. Check before you travel.View ×
- Adverse Weather Warning - High Winds - May 18, 2022 - View details
- Busy Long Weekend Expected - May 18 - 23, 2022 - View details
- All Routes Status - View details
- Alternate Service - Northern Sea Wolf Refit - April 4 - May 18, 2022 - View details
- Service Adjustments - Horseshoe Bay - Departure Bay, Horseshoe Bay - Langdale & Earls Cove to Saltery Bay - January 28 - September 5, 2022 - View details
- Parkade Closure - Horseshoe Bay Terminal - View details
Port Hardy (Bear Cove)
Reservations are strongly recommended for this route.
Bear Cove terminal is located on the northeastern coast of Vancouver Island. The terminal is a 10 minute drive from the town of Port Hardy. Sailings from Bear Cove provide connections to BC’s central and north coast.
With a reservation – Arrive at the terminal 90 to 120 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Your booking will not be honoured and travel will be based on your order of arrival at the terminal if you arrive before booking check-in has opened, or after booking check-in has closed.
- Booking check-in opens 120 minutes prior to the scheduled departure for foot passengers and vehicles.*
- Booking check-in closes 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure for foot passengers and vehicles.*
Without a reservation – Travel is based on your order of arrival at the terminal.
- Ticket sales and check-in close 20 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing departure for foot passengers and vehicles.*
*Hostled vehicles – Reservation check-in and ticket sales for hostled vehicles close 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- Accessible washroom
- Wheelchairs available for boarding
- Boarding assistance available
Terminal parking operated and managed by BC Ferries.
Capacity: 50 spaces
Payment options: Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Debit
- $10 per day
- $50 per week
- $150 per month
- $22 for overnight RV parking prior to sailing day, only available mid-May through September. Arrive before midnight
Overnight camping and trailer hookups are available at:
Wildwood campground: 250-949-6753
Quatse River campground: 250-949-2395
Port Hardy RV resort: 250-949-8111