June 29, 2022
BC FERRIES OFFERS DEEP DISCOUNTS ON INTER-ISLAND ROUTES
Save 75 per cent on select sailings
VICTORIA – Now that summer has finally arrived, BC Ferries is launching a promotion on select sailings on 11 of its inter-island routes from July 6 through September 1 for local residents and vacationers to soak up the savings. The promotion is designed to encourage customers to travel on less busy sailings by giving them a discount, freeing up space at more popular times.
Customers with flexibility in their travel plans can save significantly on standard or overheight vehicle fares when they travel on select early morning or late evening sailings. The promotion applies to specific inter-island (non-bookable) routes where there is capacity available.
The 75 per cent discount off the standard rate will be applied at the terminal and is not available for purchase in advance. BC Ferries recommends customers arrive early to ensure they make it on the sailing of choice.
Regular fares will apply for driver and passengers, however, those travelling with an Experience™ Card can still access savings on applicable routes for driver and passengers. Learn more about the BC Ferries Experience ™ Card.
The following routes are included in the promotion:
- Victoria (Swartz Bay) to Salt Spring Island (Fulford Harbour)
- Crofton (Crofton) to Salt Spring Island (Vesuvius Bay)
- Powell River (Saltery Bay) to Sunshine Coast (Earls Cove)
- West Vancouver (Horseshoe Bay) to Bowen Island (Snug Cove)
- Powell River (Westview) to Texada Island (Blubber Bay)
- Nanaimo (Nanaimo Harbour) to Gabriola Island (Descanso Bay)
- Chemainus (Chemainus) to Thetis Island (Preedy Harbour) to Penelakut Island (Telegraph Harbour)
- Buckley Bay (Buckley Bay) to Denman Island (Denman Island West)
- Campbell River (Campbell River) to Quadra Island (Quathiaski Cove)
- Port McNeill (Port McNeill) to Malcolm Island (Sointula) to Cormorant Island (Alert Bay)
- Graham Island (Skidegate) to Moresby Island (Alliford Bay)
Certain routes are not included in the promotion as traffic patterns indicate there are no lower-utilized sailings available during the peak season.
To learn more about the promotion, click here.
BC Ferries, Media Relations
Victoria: (250) 978-1267
Victoria: (250) 410-1465
Toll-free: 1-888-BCFERRY (1-888-223-3779)