Nanaimo (Departure Bay)
Departure Bay terminal is located in Nanaimo on the east coast of Vancouver Island. The terminal is a 5 minute drive north of Nanaimo city centre. Sailings departing from Departure Bay provide service to Horseshoe Bay (Vancouver). Visit the Nanaimo Market Quay for a range of food and shopping options.
With a reservation – Arrive at the terminal 30 to 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Your booking will not be honoured and travel will be based on your order of arrival at the terminal if you arrive before booking check-in has opened, or after booking check-in has closed.
- Booking check-in opens 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure for foot passengers and vehicles
- Booking check-in closes 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure for foot passengers* and vehicles
Without a reservation – Travel is based on your order of arrival at the terminal.
- Ticket sales and check-in for vehicles close 5 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing departure
- Ticket sales and check-in for foot passengers close 10 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing departure
Assured Loading – Arrive at the terminal 20 to 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
*20 minutes for group foot passenger bookings.
- Accessible washroom
- Accessible parking
- Wheelchairs provided for boarding
- Wheelchair access to ferry
- Boarding assistance available
Parking at Departure Bay terminal is independently operated and managed by Robbins Parking.
Capacity: 434 spaces
Payment options: Visa, Mastercard, American Express and HONK App (licence plate number required)
Short term – display your ticket on your dash
- $1 for 30 minutes, max. 2 hours
- $18 per day, ending midnight
- $6.25 for 6 hours
- $12.50 for 24 hours
- Stall number required to pay for long-term parking
- Take your ticket with you (and note stall number) in case you need to extend your parking
Parking extensions: Call 1-844-277-5446 to extend long-term parking. You will need to provide your stall number.
Mid Island Towing