Travel advisory: Multiple advisories in effect. Check before you travel.View ×
- Busy Long Weekend Expected - May 18 - 23, 2022 - View details
- All Routes Status - View details
- Alternate Service - Northern Sea Wolf Refit - April 4 - May 18, 2022 - View details
- Service Adjustments - Horseshoe Bay - Departure Bay, Horseshoe Bay - Langdale & Earls Cove to Saltery Bay - January 28 - September 5, 2022 - View details
- Parkade Closure - Horseshoe Bay Terminal - View details
Terminal Development Plan for Nanaimo Harbour
BackgroundThe Nanaimo Harbour Terminal Development Plan was approved in March 2019. The purpose of this Terminal Development Plan is to set out the long-term vision for the future of this important terminal by providing the framework for the phased implementation of strategies and actions over the next 25 years. This will enable BC Ferries to develop terminals in a cost effective, organized and efficient way.
The Terminal Development Plan involved planning, conceptual design options and the development of an implementation schedule and budget estimates for future terminal upgrades. After careful consideration of the issues identified by comments received from the community engagement internal working group and stakeholders, the design options were refined into a preferred option that meets terminal design requirements. It addresses some of the key issues within the terminal area, improves accessibility and enhances the travel experience of ferry users. The preferred option can be viewed in the Terminal Development Plan.
About Nanaimo Harbour TerminalThe Nanaimo Harbour terminal on Vancouver Island connects residents and visitors to Nanaimo and Gabriola Island communities.
The Quinsam carries up to 70 vehicles and 400 passengers and crew on this route, operating daily, year round, with a crossing time of 20 minutes.
If you have any questions or require further information, contact us directly at TDPinfo@bcferries.com.