Your BC Ferries journey
Keeping you safe and movingWe continue to take steps to protect the health and safety of our customers and employees including wearing a mask at all times at terminals and on board ferries, frequent cleaning of high-touch areas, prompts and reminders regarding physical distancing in our terminals and on our ferries, and screening all passengers who travel with us.
What you need to know before you travel:
- Masks required. As of August 24, masks are required to be worn at all times at terminals and on board ferries. Learn more.
- We strongly recommend booking in advance on bookable routes
- Be prepared to answer Transport Canada’s COVID-19 screening questions
- If you’re driving on board, we encourage you to stay in your vehicle for the duration of the sailing
- Where possible, we encourage the use of self-serve ticketing kiosks and tap to pay
- Follow the direction of BC Ferries crew and signs that support physical distancing measures
- Sailing schedules have changed, check the latest schedules before you travel
- Food service is limited and may not be available on your sailing, we plan to carefully resume service gradually over time
We know that travelling right now can be stressful, please be kind and respectful to our dedicated crews at terminals and on board who are working hard every day to keep us safe and moving.
For more information on the measures that are in place to keep crew and customers safe, visit the 'Information and resources' section on our COVID-19 page.
Below, we’ve put together some resources that identify the new measures and procedures that are in place at our terminals and on board our ferries to keep our crew and customers safe and moving.