Travel advisory: Multiple advisories in effect. Check before you travel.View ×
- All Routes Status - View details
- Service Adjustments - Horseshoe Bay - Departure Bay, Horseshoe Bay - Langdale & Earls Cove to Saltery Bay - January 28 - February 28, 2022 - View details
- Service Adjustments - Southern Gulf Islands - January 17 - February 3, 2022 - View details
- Parkade Closure - Horseshoe Bay Terminal - View details
Service notice - Service Adjustments - Southern Gulf Islands - January 17 - February 3, 2022
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2022
Update as of January 24, 2022:
Please be advised that due to the expected crewing challenges in the months ahead, and in an effort to provide reliable ferry service to the Southern Gulf Islands communities, service adjustments have been made on the Tsawwassen - Southern Gulf Islands and Swartz Bay - Southern Gulf Islands routes January 17 – February 3, 2022. These schedule changes are reflected on our online schedules pages here. We plan to resume regular service February 4, 2022.
Every effort will be made to accommodate customers with impacted bookings on an alternate sailing. If we are unable to do so, reservations will be refunded. Our team is working hard to process these schedule changes and is contacting customers chronologically as quickly as we are able. Customers with affected bookings who would like to change or rebook should contact our Customer Service Centre for assistance by calling us at 1-888-223-3779 ext. 0.
Impacted customers on the Tsawwassen – Southern Gulf Islands route can also travel thru fare, with a connection at Swartz Bay. Customers travelling between January 17 and February 3 can make a reservation on the Tsawwassen – Swartz Bay or Swartz Bay - Tsawwassen leg of their journey, and will be reimbursed for the reservation fee when they check in for their reservation.
Vancouver (Tsawwassen) to Southern Gulf Islands
- When you arrive at Vancouver (Tsawwassen), advise the ticket agent of your reservation and of your final Southern Gulf Islands destination to receive reimbursement of the reservation fee.
- The ticket agent will provide you with a thru fare voucher and hanger for your rear-view mirror.
- If possible, staff will place thru fare vehicles from Vancouver (Tsawwassen) in lanes that will be unloaded early at Victoria (Swartz Bay).
- When you arrive at Victoria (Swartz Bay), follow directions on the back of your hanger to get your ticket for a sailing to the Southern Gulf Islands. You will need to present your thru fare voucher at the Swartz Bay ticket booth.
Southern Gulf Islands to Vancouver (Tsawwassen)
- For travel from Salt Spring Island (Fulford Harbour), thru fare vouchers are available for purchase at the onboard kiosk in passenger lounge #4 (exact change or credit card only accepted).
- For travel from Galiano Island, Mayne Island, Pender Island or Saturna Island, thru fare vouchers are available at the terminal ticket booth or from any staff member on board.
- When you disembark at Victoria (Swartz Bay), the voucher will allow you to purchase your Victoria (Swartz Bay) to Vancouver (Tsawwassen) transfer ticket at the thru fare rate. Advise the ticket agent of your reservation to receive reimbursement for the reservation fee.
More information about thru fare travel is available here . Please note that Saver fares cannot be used towards thru fare travel. Customers who arrive at the terminal with a Saver fare and intend to travel thru fare will not receive a refund for the Saver fare, and will have to purchase an At Terminal fare (if required).
We apologize for any inconvenience these service revisions may cause you and appreciate your ongoing patience.
Our goal is to inform our customers as early as possible of any changes to our scheduled sailings. We recommend that for the most up-to-date sailing and departure information, our customers also follow @BC Ferries on Twitter, visit our Current Conditions webpage at www.bcferries.com or call us toll free at 1-888-223-3779.